Fifteen members of my family called Rock Springs, Wyoming home during the first two decades of the Twentieth Century. Rock Springs was an Old West coal town, full of saloons, a stop on the transcontinental railroad, a haven for mountain men, miners, and outlaws, including sharpshooters like Calamity Jane and bank robbers like Butch Cassidy, who received his moniker as a Rock Springs butcher’s apprentice.
My ancestors mined coal, built railway lines, and provided room and board in boarding houses. They raised 10 children under harsh conditions and endured tragedies to create a legacy of six American generations.
- Don Aoki: Director
- Don Aoki: Writer
- Don Aoki: Producer
- Project Type: Documentary, Short
- Genres: History
- Runtime: 11 minutes 17 seconds
- Completion Date: February 22, 2022
- Country of Origin: United States
- Country of Filming: United States
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Film Color: Black & White and Color
- First-time Filmmaker